Why you should care
I perpetually seek out new ways to be better at what I do. I delight in the low-level details of how complex (or better yet, unexpectedly simple) software systems work. I take pride in helping others to grow and in being spurred on to growth by them. I strive to build elegant useful products that put users first. I'm smart and I get things done.
- C# (bit rusty)
- ClojureScript, Java, Python, Ruby, and C++ (all cursory familiarity only)
- Node.js, Hapi, Webpack, Browserify
- Mocha, Jasmine, Chai, ESLint, Gulp
- Stylus, Less, SASS
- Docker, Nginx, AWS
(Mar 2014—Dec 2014)
- Coordinated with leadership and graphic design departments on feature designs.
- Set up continuous integration with Circle CI and AWS using Docker.
(Jun 2010—Mar 2014)
- Oversaw the development and deployment of Biblia.com (a single-page web app written in C# and JS) as it went from from 450,000 monthly users to more than 990,000.
- Spearheaded changing my team’s version control workflow to emphasize code review.
- Improved documentation of coding guidelines for the web development teams.
- Architected and wrote a “Proclaim Remote” Sencha Touch app in JS for iOS and Android that allowed users to control a presentation from their phone.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, WWU3.96 GPA — June 2010
Associate of Science, SPSCC4.00 GPA — June 2007
High school diploma, New Market Skills Center4.00 GPA — June 2007
- National Merit Scholar
- Placed 3rd at national SkillsUSA computer networking competition